Having already photographed at Pilley Bridge, I chose a pretty hurrendous day to go out and photograph other locations in Cheltenham that were affected by the air raid on December 11th 1940. The hurrendous weather was not wished for, it was sunny when I started. It was sunny again as I finished. I tried to mix things up a bit as I shot, very aware that the photographs I had taken in Bristol were quite boring. Whilst I am aware the style of photographs don't currently work together as a set for a story, these are the ones I am most pleased with.
This shot I would like to revisit, capture more directly and on a brighter day perhaps.
This shot is my favourite out of all those I have produced so far.
I am currently undecided as to whether or not I would like to crop out the houses on the left hand side.
I think the latter two photographs work the strongest regarding photographing roads. They are simple and they keep out the distractions of the traffic. The inclusion of the sky is also quite important, given that the bombs would have been dropped from above.
No comments:
Post a Comment