Sunday, 19 October 2014

Gloucester.

I am not happy with the photographs that I got in Gloucester at all. I chose a very cold, cloudy night to go and the images did not work as well as I hoped for.

I decided to photograph at night time because a lot of bombs during WWII were dropped at night after the nazis changed there tactics. I visited the docks knowing it was relatively picturesque and I would have the option to work with the bright lights and the dark sky at different points.

I would have preferred this photograph if I could get the rest of the text on the building in the frame too. However sadly I could not get to this point due to a fence in the way.

I quite like this frame, I believe it is the best out of those I have got. It look right over the docks, with plenty of space surrounding the image.

In the end I got bored because I wasn't getting the results I wanted. Instead I started to take some light trails as I scouted for better places to shoot. 




Unfortunately the locations I found still didn't produce very good images. I had some fun with the light trails, but now I know that night photographs are going to be difficult and something I probably shouldn't consider for further work.





No comments:

Post a Comment